For those who had not already heard, Jason Knight’s shop was seriously damaged in a fire Christmas Eve. I hadn’t mentioned much about it, because I was not seeing anything about it on public media, rather I only saw things in private social media feeds. So here is the post from Jason’s Facebook Page:
On the morning of Christmas Eve Jason got a call from the Kingsport Fire Department. A fire broke out in the bathroom wall of the shop. The fire ran along the rafters of the entire length of the shop. The Kingsport Fire Department did a fantastic job getting the fire under control. This was the 3rd fire they had responded to in 15 hours. Some of the firefighters had been responders on all three fires. The bathroom and office where Tristen and Abigail’s workstations are located were destroyed. The remainder of the shop has extensive smoke damage. We will know the extent of the heat damage once we can begin cleanup. The entire shop is inoperable. It will be a few months before we are back up and running. This setback has all of us at a standstill until we can get the shop back up and running. As a mom, my most immediate concern is Tristen and Abigail. Our good friend Sarah reached out about creating a GoFundMe for Tristen and Abigail to help them through this recovery time.
God is absolutely amazing. The shop was shut down Friday for the holiday weekend, so no one was in the shop when the fire broke out. The KFD responders were able to get in quickly and safely to extinguish the fire, so there were no injuries.
UPDATE: Thank you all for your prayers and outpouring of love, care, and uplifting words. Jason’s insurance does not cover the fire damage. Though disconcerting we continue to be grateful to God for his mercy and overwhelming outpouring of his blessings through his people. The trials of our life test our faith and produce steadfastness. May our conduct in the days, weeks, and months ahead glorify God as we begin again.
Prayer Requests: We are able to begin moving equipment out soon; the extent of the damage to the equipment is limited smoke; any possible heat/water damage is minimal and easy to repair/restore.