View Linked Article
Queen Cutlery History
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – October 31, 2019
Queen Cutlery History is a new, comprehensive, informative resource for anyone interested in Queen City Cutlery Company and its successor, Queen Cutlery Company. In addition the website features information on the related companies, Schatt & Morgan and the Dollar Knife Company.
For the first time, knife collectors and historians have access to a knowledge bank of knife photos and descriptions, historical documents, catalogs and articles related to these legendary cornerstones of the American cutlery industry.
The new website, queencutleryhistory.com, is loaded with information about Queen and related companies and their cutlery products.
• Color photos and descriptions of over 500 knives produced over the past 100+ years
• A comprehensive history of Queen Cutlery written by Dr. David Krauss
• Full color downloads of every catalog issued by Queen since 1947
• The most complete and detailed Queen and S&M tang stamp guide ever assembled
• Historical documents related to the companies
• Flyers, advertisements and cutlery articles
• Historical photos of the Schatt & Morgan and Queen factories and products
In 2018, having produced high quality cutlery using traditional methods for 96 years, Queen Cutlery closed its doors for good. The curators of this website, David Clark, Linda and Fred Fisher and Bob Welch, had previously served in volunteer roles as the Queen Cutlery Historical Committee and are now joined by Carl Bradshaw. They are supported in this effort by knowledgable Queen and Schatt & Morgan collectors from across the USA.
The Daniels Family, last owners of the company have graciously donated all related historical documents from the old Queen website. We are grateful to Jan Carter, of iknifecollector.com for contributing the web domain. queencutleryhistory.com is a work in progress. Questions, comments, document contributions and suggestions are encouraged.