Rocking & Rolling: Knifemaker Steve Hill
By Del Corsi
Singer, guitarist, comedian – knifemaker to the stars! Steve Hill is well known throughout the knifemaking world for his incredible automatic and folding knives. His unique creations check every box when it comes to both form and function. Just like that proverbial onion though, the layers to this man’s talent appear endless.
That ‘knifemaker to the stars’ moniker is almost an understatement. The legendary musicians who carry and have collected his knives happen to include some of the biggest names in the music industry; David Crosby, Johnny Depp, James Taylor, Stevie Ray Vaughan, the members of Aerosmith, these are just a few. A photo on Hill’s website shows the iconic Steven Tyler holding one of Steve’s “Pirate Boy” folders in his mouth, because “that’s how ya carry a pirate blade.” Steve added that this legendary frontman refers to the “big ten inch” knife made by Hill as his “favorite possession.” Photos are proudly displayed on Hill’s website with links to the Aerosmith site.
This article appeared in the September 2020 issue of KNIFE Magazine. For a limited time we are sharing it publicly. Click the blue box below to read the whole thing.
New to KNIFE Magazine and like what you see? Consider becoming a Premium Online Member
A Premium Online Membership opens all of The Vault to you, including unlimited access to the restricted areas:
- Every edition of KNIFE MAGAZINE ever published (from Nov. 2015 to the latest edition)
- Every edition of KNIFE WORLD ever published (all 466 of them) [bear with us, they’re not all up yet…]
- Access to ALL the information in Goins’ Encyclopedia of Cutlery Markings – Online
- Access to ALL the information in our Knifemaker Database & Directory
- Access to everything in our Digital Library – books, historical documents, and more! [we’ll be adding to this for years…]