CAMILLUS KNIFE CO.

This firm was founded by Charles E. Sherwood in 1894 as the Sherwood Cutlery Company. Denton E. Bingham was superintendent of the factory. The workmen in the plant were immigrants from England, and had learned their trade in Sheffield

The Sherwood firm operated for about two years, and was then leased to the Robeson Cutlery Company of Rochester, New York. This lease lasted for about two years, and Mr. Sherwood re-opened the factory in 1898 as the Camillus Knife Company.

In 1901, he sold the firm to A. Kastor & Brothers., a jobbing firm in New York City. The name was changed to the Camillus Cutlery Company in 1902.

 

 

c 1898-1901