CLAUSS FREMONT OHIO

Founded in Elyria, Ohio in 1878. Mr. John H. Clauss was manager, Henrie Clauss and Walter P. Hatch were also involved in the firm. In 1884, Hatch sold his interest and left the firm. The firm was moved to Fremont in 1887.

In 1919, the Henkle Company of Fremont purchased the company, and it became Henkle-Clauss at that time. The firm is still in business at 223 Prospect Street, now a division of ALCO Standard Corporation. They discontinued pocket knives and razors several years ago. They used the following trademarks:

 

 

c 1887-present