The Golden Rule Cutlery Company first appears in the Chicago, Illinois. City Directory in 1911. They did business at 364 West Wendell Street. The factory had an output of 1200 dozen pocket knives per week. In 1918, additions to the plant were to double this production. W.J. Slattery was superintendent, and H.E. Holsinger vice president.
Golden Rule produced transparent-handled knives, razors strops, shears and other cutlery specialties. In 1921, Golden Rule put their equipment up for sale. At that time their address was 212 N. Sheldon Street, Chicago, Illinois. They are listed at this address through 1924 in the city directory.
c 1911-1921
