HATCH CUTLERY CO.

Located on the corner of Norman and Railroad Avenue, Bridgeport, Connecticut. The company was founded by the firm of Sackley & Undy under the name Hatch Brothers.

George C. Hatch purchased the firm later in the same year, and re-named it the Pacific Knife Company. By 1887, the firm was known as the Hatch & Holmes Manufacturing Company. R.B. Lacy was president and George C. Hatch secretary and treasurer. They were incorporated in 1886 with a capital stock of $30,000.

They built a new plant in 1891 at a cost of $50,000, and employed 125 workers. The new plant was located at the corner of Kossuth and Seymour Streets. The firm produced 175 dozen pocket knives a day. In 1897, G.C. Hatch became president. They were sold in 1899 to the Challenge Cutlery Company.

 

 

c 1885-1899