JACKSON KNIFE & SHEAR CO. FREMONT O.

This firm was founded in 1893. They took over the business of Sprague Cutlery Company of Buchanan, Michigan, and moved the business to Fremont, Ohio.

They made pocket knives, table and kitchen ware, razors, shears, scissors, and tinners snips. A.H. Jackson was president, Judge Samuel Brinkerhoff, treasurer, A.V. Baumann, vice-president, F.H. Anderson, secretary, and J.J. Anderson was general manager of the plant. Henry Hughes and A.H. Miller were also members of the firm.

In 1904, Mr. Jackson owned a quarter of the stock. He purchased the Brinkerhoff and Hughes interests, and shortly afterwards, that of Mr. Baumann. He became the sole owner of the plant. At that time, he discontinued all products except scissors, shears, razors, and snips.

In 1907, the company was reorganized under the name Jackson Shear & Razor Company, and in 1908 simply the Jackson Shear Company. By 1920, only snips and shears were made.

 

 

c 1893-1904