“Russian Steel” is stamped on the front of the tang. Founded in 1880 by Robert and Albrecht Kipp, Walter E. and Otto Kipp later became members. From 1880 until 1894, they were dealers in all types of cutlery.
In 1893, they were incorporated with capital of $160,000. After incorporating, they expanded their lines, dealing in wholesale druggists and stationers sundries, sporting goods, fancy goods, and cutlery.
They were located at 39 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis, Indiana. By 1920, they were at 37-41 S. Meridian. Kipp Brothers are still in business on S. Meridian Street, and are dealers in novelties, and party supplies.
c 1880-present
