In July, 1852 the New England Cutlery Company of New Haven, Connecticut moved its business to Wallingford, Connecticut. They built a factory near the railroad crossing, south of the station. This building was sold in 1866 to Hall, Elton & Company.
In January of 1853, the capital of the cutlery was increased from $25,000 to $50,000. The New England Company had offices in New York City in 1853 at 75 John Street. The principal owners of the firm were E.H. Ives, Henry Martin, S.B. Parmelee, Almer Hall, and William Elton. After moving to Wallingford, E.H. Ives became president, and Henry Martin secretary. They went into liquidation in December, 1854.
(Featured image) An ivory lockback, marked “New England Cutlery Co. Wallingford.”
c 1852-1860
