Established in 1861 in Southbridge, Massachusetts by Stephen Richards. He began in the cutlery business with Theodore Harrington, who was also in Southbridge.
After working for the Harrington firm for several years, he decided to enter the cutlery business for himself. He started a small factory on Brickyard Road. This factory burned, was rebuilt, and burned again. He then moved nearer to the center of town to Lower Elm Street.
After several years, he sold this building and moved his business into another factory he had built, also on Elm Street. The company flourished for several years, but in 1928 was sold to the Parker Wire Goods Company, Worcester, Massachusetts.
c 1861-1928
