THOMASTON KNIFE CO. CONN.

Thomaston was founded in 1887 by Mr. Joseph M. Warner. They were at Terry’s Bridge (a section of Thomaston) Connecticut. The brick building used by them was built in the early 1860s. The first floor had housed a machine shop, and the second floor was a drying room for woolen goods. The entire building was converted for the knife factory.

Mr. Warner remained head of the firm until 1912 when Edwin H. Frost of Bethlen, Connecticut bought controlling interest. In 1916, he appointed C.W. Platts manager of the factory. The factory employed 75 workers at that time.

In July of 1922, the factory was sold to Henry S. Hitchcock and a partner from Woodbury, Connecticut. They employed 65 workers in 1922, and continued to do business until about 1930.

 

 

c 1887-1930