WESTER BROS. CUTLERY CO.

Located at 148 Chambers Street, New York City. Charles and Max Wester were the owners. It was originally founded in 1891 as Jacoby & Wester. They bought Jacoby out, and changed the name to Wester Brothers in 1904. Wester Brothers was the sole importer of goods made by Wester & Butz of Solingen, Germany.

When WWI began, imports from Germany were stopped. Wester Brothers then contracted knives from U.S. factories. In 1915, they were called Wester-Stone Inc. This name was used only for a short period of time, and the name went back to Wester Brothers.

After the war was over, they imported from Germany again. Herbert Wester eventually became the owner and manager of this company. By 1949, it was at 71 Murray Street, New York City.

 

 

c 1904-1967